Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vegetarian to be or not to be!!

I have recently found myself wanting to eat more and more vegetarian meals.  Maybe my body is telling me something or I am just sick of paying the high prices for meat products which have such a short shelf life.
So I am after years of enjoying steaks and chops I am looking for suitable vegetarian recipes to ensure I receive sufficent protein and iron in my diet.

I have been reading that as we get older with risk of high cholestrol, high blood pressure and diabetes a nutrional diet is essential.  My aim is to eat 10 serves of fruit and vegetables a day as this is what I have been reading is good for reducing high blood pressure.  I must admit I do love my vegies - fruit is another matter it depends what is in season but  I do need to push myself to eat more.

This is the first of my posts on this subject.  Tomorrow some recipes and later the all important taste test.
Cheers

Healthy and good for you or not. Tempeh - what is it!! Is it good for you.

I have just been searching around on line and notice Tempeh BLT Sandwiches where trending. I had no idea what Tempeh was so had to investiga...