I have been looking at food labels and it is amazing how much salt and sugar is in manufactured products. Below is a homemade recipe for tomato sauce and it is very nice. I varied it a little from the original recipe I found on line.
Home Made Tomato sauce
• 2 cans tomatoes or fresh tomatoes skinned and chopped weighing 800gm
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 80 ml apple cider vinegar
• 2 tspn granulated stevia (sugar substitute)
• 1 tspn ground allspice
• 1 tspn ground cinnamon
• 1 tspn ground clove
• 1 tspn cayenne pepper
• salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prepare your jars or bottles , wash and rinse with boiling water and pop into a warm oven to dry this will make nice and sterile.
Bring all the ingredients to a boil in the saucepan, stirring to dissolve the spices.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 50 minutes with lid off until the sauce reduces by almost half and is quite thick.
Blend in a food processor.
If the sauce is not thick enough return it to the heat for a little longer.
Fill your jars or bottles to the top and seal. Don't forget to add a label and the date.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
I have just been searching around on line and notice Tempeh BLT Sandwiches where trending. I had no idea what Tempeh was so had to investiga...
It has been awhile since I researched this family but as I received an email recently thanking me for putting the information on line as it ...
1. Thou Shalt not walk backwards when in store 2. Thou Shalt not park your trolley in the middle of the aisle 3. Thou Shalt not prop exact...